1999-2003 Ford Excursion Diesel 7.3L PS
1999-2003 F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550 Super Duty Diesel 7.3L PS
1999-2003 Econoline/Club Wagon Diesel 7.3L PS
1999-2003 F-650/F-750 Medium Duty Diesel 7.3L PS
1999-2003 E250/E350/E450 Econoline Van Diesel 7.3L PS
The U7170 DiabloSport Predator for Ford 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel trucks isn't only engineered to raise hell, it's engineered to improve fuel economy and drivability while towing as well! With four performance tunes to choose from( 40 HP 100 FT/Lbs Tq, 65 HP 155 Ft/Lbs Tq, 85 HP and HP 198 Ft/Lbs Tq, 100 HP 198 Ft/Lbs Tq) this Predator has all the options you need to pick up the pace! The U7165 also features internet updates and the ability to check and clear diagnostic trouble codes.
What is the Diablosport Predator?
The Predator is a state-of-the art, high performance tuning flash programmer in a sleek handheld design. Once connected to the vehicle, the Predators internal computer recognizes the vehicles PCM and automatically picks the proper tuning files designed specifically for that PCM. Inside the Predator's memory are the actual tuning files that optimize spark timing and air/fuel ratio curves. The transmission parameters are remapped to improve the shift characteristics such as shift firmness and shift points. Unlike other 'tuners', DiabloSport's programming is performed in very small increments throughout the entire RPM range, for a smoother, wider and a more predictable power delivery. DiabloSport engineers spend many hours on the dyno, street and track to ensure the tunes provided with the Predator are the best they can be.
Dyno Tested Performance Tunes
The Predator was created with one thing in mind, POWER!
Average power gains are per tune. The Predators additional power makes itself noticeable immediately with an increase in power that starts in the low RPMs and builds into a frenzy at the high RPMs.
A Predator equipped vehicle will notice significant improvements in drivability. The additional power and improved shift patterns created by the Predator tune will yield quicker acceleration and better mileage, whether it is in town or out on the highway.
The power increase in the lower RPMs will yield a better throttle response. The increase in MPG is a byproduct of maximized engine efficiency, the improved timing curve and air/fuel ratio creates a more complete combustion, i.e. the engine extracts more power from each molecule of gasoline.
U7170 Stock Vehicle Tunes:
- Stock Tune: with adjustable speed limiters. Speed limiter to approximately 120 MPH varies based on vehicle set-up weight, tire size, 2wd vs. 4wd, etc.
- 40 RWHP and 100-ft/lb TQ: Tow Tune, made specifically for towing. DiabloSport recommended weight limitations based on manufacturer suggested limits for the vehicle.
- 85 RWHP and 198-ft/lb TQ: Performance Tune, designed specifically for performance street driving. DiabloSport recommends this tune not be used for towing.
- 100+ RWHP and 215-ft/lb TQ: XPerformance Tune, designed specifically for opening a can of whoop-ass (pardon the expression). DiabloSport recommends this tune not be used for towing.
- DiabloSport strongly recommends the use of larger diameter performance exhaust components and exhaust temperature gauges with the use of any performance diesel tuning.
DiabloSport also recommends to install the transmission replacement PowerValve for improved shifting when using high performance tunes.
U7170 Specific Features:
- Speed Limiters
- Transmission Shift Pressure
- Internet Updateable
- All standard DiabloSport Predator features