1999-2003 Chevrolet Corvette 5.7L LS1
1999-2003 Chevrolet Corvette 5.7L LS6
1999-2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28/SS 5.7L LS1
1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado 4.8L, 5.3L, 6L, 8.1L
1999-2002 Chevrolet Tahoe 4.8L, 5.3L, 6L
1999-2002 Chevrolet Suburban 4.8L, 5.3L, 6L, 8.1L
1999-2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 4.8L, 5.3L, 6L, 8.1L
Designed to work with the ground breaking 5.7L LS1 engine family and GM trucks with 4.8-8.1L Engines, the DiabloSport U7198 includes tunes that work on most LS1 equiped vehicles! Camaro, Corvette, Transam/ Firebird applications will see power gains of 15-20 HP / Ft/lbs Tq while GM trucks / SUVs will see power gains in the 20-30 HP / Ft/Lbs. Tq range. This tuner also feature the ability change gear and tire sizes, modify top speed limiters, check and clear diagnostic trouble codes, monitor high speed engine date, and much, much more!
How to verify that the vehicle is supported
The eighth (8th) position in the vehicle identification number (VIN) is the code that designates the engine type. The Predator will support the vehicle if the engine code is:
1999-2000 Car: 8th digit of the VIN= G
2001-2003 Car: 8th digit of the VIN= G or S
1999-2000 Truck or SUV: 8th digit of the VIN= V, T or U
2001 Truck or SUV: 8th digit of the VIN= G, V, T or U
2002 Truck or SUV: 8th digit of the VIN= G, N, V, T, Z or U
What is the Diablosport Predator?
The Predator is a state-of-the art, high performance tuning flash programmer in a sleek handheld design. Once connected to the vehicle, the Predators internal computer recognizes the vehicles PCM and automatically picks the proper tuning files designed specifically for that PCM. Inside the Predator's memory are the actual tuning files that optimize spark timing and air/fuel ratio curves. The transmission parameters are remapped to improve the shift characteristics such as shift firmness and shift points. Unlike other 'tuners', DiabloSport's programming is performed in very small increments throughout the entire RPM range, for a smoother, wider and a more predictable power delivery. DiabloSport engineers spend many hours on the dyno, street and track to ensure the tunes provided with the Predator are the best they can be.
Dyno Tested Performance Tunes
The Predator was created with one thing in mind, POWER!
Average power gains are in 10-20 RWHP range in the cars and 20-30 RWHP in the truck line. Less for the 87 octane tunes. The Predators additional power makes itself noticeable immediately with an increase in power that starts in the low RPMs and builds into a frenzy at the high RPMs.
A Predator equipped vehicle will notice significant improvements in drivability. The additional power and improved shift patterns created by the Predator tune will yield quicker acceleration and better mileage, whether it is in town or out on the highway.
The power increase in the lower RPMs will yield a better throttle response. The increase in MPG is a byproduct of maximized engine efficiency, the improved timing curve and air/fuel ratio creates a more complete combustion, i.e. the engine extracts more power from each molecule of gasoline.
U7198 Stock Vehicle Tunes:
- Performance Tune: Designed to add power and torque using premium fuel.
- 87 Octane Tune: (Trucks Only) Designed to add power and torque using low to mid grade fuel.
- Factory Tune: Designed for users who wants to adjust parameters using the factory tune.
U7198 Specific Features:
- Timing Table 1000-1800rpm (+/- 20%)
- Timing Table 2000-4000rpm (+/- 20%)
- Timing Table 4000-7000rpm (+/- 20%)
- Fuel Table 2000-4000rpm (+/- 20%)
- Fuel Table 4000-7000rpm (+/- 20%)
- Idle (+ 500rpm / -300rpm)
- Speed Limiters (Trucks Only)
- Rev Limiters
- RPM Shift Points
- MPH Up and Downshifts
- Shift Timing
- Shift Pressure
- Cooling Fan ON and OFF temperatures
- Re-Calibrate Speedometer for Gear and Tire Size Changes
- Torque Management abuse mode time limit ON/OFF
- % torque reduction vs. RPM ON/OFF
- Upshift torque reduction (all gears) ON/OFF
- Adjust for different injector size
- Adjust COT enable temperature
- All standard DiabloSport Predator features
- Transmission functions do not apply to trucks with the Allison transmission.